Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 Minutes

Today's prompt is interesting: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.  I think this is kind of tough because I've already written about some of my most memorable moments of 2010, so I'll only briefly mention that moment in my 5 minutes because I don't want to be redundant.  Alright, 5 minutes on the clock ...

I want to remember that the next time I'm pregnant I need to really watch salt intake because when I was pregnant with Liam I swelled - A LOT.  I want to remember that labor is really as painful as everyone makes it out to be.  I had an epidural for most of the time, but then when it mattered most the epidural bag had gone dry, so I got to experience natural birth as well.  Next time I want an epidural.  An epidural for the entire time.  My husband's face when Liam was born: awe and wonder.  Sleeping on the couch with Liam on my chest when he would wake up in the middle of the night and not want to go back to sleep.  The way he would curl up in a tiny ball on my chest to be comforted when he was a newborn.  The way he lights up when I'm holding him and his daddy is chasing us or just making silly faces at him.  This is his favorite place to be at this stage - cuddled with me while playing with daddy.  The way he startles when he's first around new people, but quickly warms up to them and flirts like crazy.  At 7 months old his form of flirting is shaking his head back and forth and giggling for as long as he's getting attention. 

Wow.  That flew by.  Thank goodness that my memory is functioning, but it's fun to see what popped into my mind.  Thanks, Lord, for memories, photos, blogs, baby books and journals.

No comments: