Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Horizons

December 18 Reverb prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?


Hmmm, there are always tons of things I'm wanting to try.  It's hard to choose, but perhaps if I just pick something and type it, then I'll actually end up doing it?  I'd love to learn to make felt baby booties in 2011.  Something like these:

  







I have lots of friends who are having babies in 2011, and I think these would be a sweet, personal gift.  In 2010 there were a couple of projects I wanted to do.  One of them was to build our own bookshelves for our front room (I really want to call that room the library or the study but I feel like it sounds pretentious - is it?).  We did not attempt this project, and I am SO glad.  We had some of the men who work in building and grounds at our church build them for us which they did very amazingly and cost-effectively.  They are fantastic.  Something else I wanted to try was making our stockings, which I posted pictures of a while back.  They still aren't quite finished, but they are darling.  So there you have it - if I actually make the booties I'll definitely put up pics of them!

No comments: