Friday, October 5, 2012

Thankful 30: Mickey Rapier

During the 30 days leading up to my 30th birthday, I am posting a letter a day expressing thankfulness for someone or something that has played a major role in shaping the first 30 years of my life.
Source

Dear Mickey,
  You weren't my first worship pastor - we didn't start coming to Fellowship until I was in fourth grade - but you were the first worship pastor who really taught me how to worship. The stage that you stood on was always dim ... the atmosphere you created sending the reminder that worship is about Him and not about you. It was under your leadership that I really learned how to focus on Jesus as I sang. I always looked up to you. When I was little, I admired how much you loved God, and I thought it was really cool that a dad could do flips on a trampoline.

  Thank you for the way you and your sweet wife have given your lives to serving the Lord through serving our church for the last couple of decades or so. Thank you for the way you have somehow managed to find a balance of planning services that are well thought out and intentional, yet without being a show. Thank you for letting me babysit your kids when they were young - I love your kids, especially that Kevie. Thank you for singing with Kevie at my wedding. That was so special. Thank you for being the one leading worship at Mosaic the first night that I brought Liam to church after he was born. That was special, too.

  I will always be grateful for the role that you played in my spiritual development, and I pray that my children are similarly blessed with devoted and godly leadership as they grow.

Love, 
  Stefanie

 

No comments: