Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Wrong Shall Fail

  Yesterday I took a break from our Early-Christmas festivities with Josh's parents to feed Cora. We sat in a quiet room & I looked at my phone only to find the heart-breaking news of the tragedies in Connecticut and China. I felt sick, as I remembered that atrocities are committed against children everywhere, all over the world, everyday.  For the rest of the day, these words drifted through my head:

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
    and wild and sweet
        The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
And thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
            Had rolled along
          The unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said
            "For hate is strong,
               And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
            The Wrong shall fail,
                The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."
 
  And then, last night as we were putting Liam to bed, he wanted to sing his two favorite Seeds Family Worship songs.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything
with prayer and petition, thanksgiving present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6-7
 
"My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my Rock and my Salvation, 
He is my Fortress, I will never be shaken."
Psalm 62:1-2
 
  My heart hurts for parents whose children are gone and for children whose sense of safety is shattered. My heart rests in the above truths. I am thankful that God is not ever sleeping and that Right prevails.

No comments: