Saturday, December 11, 2010

11 Things

Reverb prompt of the day: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? 

Since I spent a long time on Liam's 7 month post, this one will be short and sweet.  Here are my eleven things:
1. Some pounds.  I won't say how many because I'm not sure I think it's lady-like to get to specific about weight on the internet, but there are definitely some pounds my life doesn't need in 2011.
 2. Laziness
 3. Self-centeredness
 4. Ungratefulness
 5. Selfish ambition
 6. A judgmental attitude
 7. Fear
 8. Anxiety
 9. Lack of discipline
 10. Impatience
11. Discontentment


The first one I will (hopefully) eliminate by good old healthy eating and exercise.  I'd really love to do another triathlon in April, but I'm still debating whether or not training for it over the next four months is realistic.  The other 10 things on the list will not be eliminated in 2011.  However, as I seek the Lord and spend time in His Word, I trust that He will continue to sanctify me and lessen the influence of these things in my life.
 
Getting rid of the extra weight will change my life only in that my clothing will fit more comfortably and I'll feel better about myself.  Deep, huh?  If those other 10 items were totally eliminated from my life I think I'd be really close to perfect.  Like I said, that's not gonna happen in 2011, but if I'm able to be rid of even a bit of each of those things I'll be a better wife, mother, friend, and counselor. 

No comments: