Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Catching Up

I'm a bit behind with the Reverb prompts.  So, right to business ...
Day 12: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?


  It was not as much of a moment as it was a period of time.  I have never been more clued in to what is going on in my body as I was in the late stages of pregnancy.  My blood pressure was quite high, I was retaining water and swelling like crazy, and I started dilating a month before I was due.  I was so aware all day, every day, of what was happening in my body.  I was aware of how what I ate affected me (bananas made me swell less, chips or Asian foods made me swell more) and I was VERY aware of how much I had been on my feet each day.  I'd say those last few weeks I was very alive & present - terribly uncomfortable, but integrated nonetheless.

Day 13: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?


  I'd say I'm doing it.  In the last two months I have rearranged some aspects of my schedule and made some commitments that are enabling me to achieve the goals that are important to me.  I love making/creating things , so I've begun some projects.  Every year I've intended to send out Christmas cards but have never gotten around to it: I just finished addressing this year's cards.  I want to lose the rest of my baby weight and get fit: I've started going to bed earlier so I can get up and workout before Liam wakes up a few mornings a week.  I want to do a better job at preparing healthy meals for our family: I've started (most weeks) preparing a meal plan at the beginning of the week and doing my grocery shopping then so we don't default to junk food/fast food.

I feel like this is sort of a boring post, but our community group went late tonight and I need to go to bed so I can work out in the morning.  My next step to achieving one of my goals is ending this post and going to sleep.

No comments: