Friday, January 7, 2011

On Shrinking

It's been a great week.  Not much time for blogging, because I've been trying to figure out how to fit p90x into my schedule and it really only works to do the workouts before Liam wakes up in the morning or after he goes to bed at night.  This is also when I had been blogging in December, so it has fallen to the wayside this week.  So far I'm LOVING p90x.  I had started it about three different times over the past 5 months, but each time I lacked the planning & motivation to make it a priority, so it lasted about three days each time.  This time I've made it 5 days (woo hoo!), so I think I've broken through a barrier.  Yep, it's a pretty lame barrier, but you have celebrate the small successes, right?

Speaking of successes, I have to take a moment to promote a product ... just a quick unpaid advertisement to hopefully benefit some of my female friends out there who are still in the midst of their childbearing years.  BUY SHRINKX HIPS.  When I was pregnant I stumbled onto this product, I think through one of those annoying sidebar Facebook ads.  I had never heard of it but the website and testimonials sold me on it and I convinced my husband that, if it worked, it was totally worth the money (I think I found it from some store online for $50).  Anyway, it is basically a wide, thick elastic belt that is secured with super-strong elastic tabs.  You're supposed to wear it 6-8 hours every day after you give birth for 6-8 weeks (while the hormone relaxin is still in your system), and the website claims that you should get your pre-pregnancy hips back.  I certainly didn't wear it that faithfully, but I did pretty good with it.  It was a little awkward under pants, but the pressure felt good on loose, weird post-pregnancy hips.  I felt like I was able to get back in my old pants much quicker than I should have, considering how much weight I still needed to lose, so I thought it had worked, at least to some extent.  Tonight I took my measurements so I can track how I'm doing with p90x and I found a place I had written down my measurements about two years ago.  I'm not sure how much I weighed then, but it was probably about 15 lbs. less than I weigh now.  Here's the fantastic news: my hip measurement is the SAME!!!  Yep, that means that once I lose those 15 pounds my hips will be smaller than they were 2 years ago.  So, sorry this is a very vain post, but I think other women deserve to know about this product, because it is magical.

End of story.

2 comments:

kristina said...

wow! that is pretty impressive. i have never heard of that before, but awesome results for you!

oh, and just so you know, i posted a picture of the toe. just for you!

Melissa said...

ha! it DID work!!! i'm so borrowing this next time i have a baby! :)