Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Delish

(Disclaimer: this post would be more visually interesting if I took a picture of what I'm about to write about, but I really can't be bothered with that. Caring for a one-year-old and a husband with a broken foot kills my motivation to photograph my food, transfer it onto the computer, and then upload it. You'll just have to use your imagination).

 I have to tell y'all about THE. BEST. SNACK/LUNCH. EVER. Seriously, I could eat this tasty treat every day (possibly even twice) and not get sick of it. A couple of months ago, when my friend, Kristen, was in town visiting her mom, Liam & I went to have lunch with she and her little girl, Eisley. Kristen introduced me to this yummy-ness that she and her husband invented; and now I would like to introduce it to you.

Peppered Apple, Goat Cheese & Salami stacks

Ingredients:
  • Apple (preferably a sweeter variety - I like the pink lady)
  • Goat cheese
  • Salami (I use hard salami, sliced not too thin, not too thick)
  • Cracked black pepper
Yep, the name that I made up for it describes exactly what is in it, as well as how it is assembled. I don't think you could really call this a recipe ... it's just a list of a few ingredients that taste amazing together. All you do is slice the apple into fairly thin slices (not paper thin - you want crunch, but you don't want the apple flavor to overpower the other flavors), smear some goat cheese on the slices, crack pepper over the cheese, and top with little slices of salami.

It is perfection. The sweetness & crunch from the apple, the tangy creaminess of the goat cheese, the bite of the pepper, & the full flavor of the salami ... it's fantastic.

The only catch is that you have to like apples, goat cheese, salami & cracked pepper. If you do not like any one of these ingredients, you will not like the end result. Josh thinks it's gross. I think it's life-changing.

No comments: