|4 Generations of Lawson men, summer 2011|
|The 4 generation pic from last year - look how much Tiny has grown!|
After a day and a half "on the hill" with the Lawson clan, we drove the remaining 6 hours down to the beach. We were SO thankful for our sweet friends who loaned us their headrest dvd player. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would have been to keep Liam happy over the course of nearly 30 hours of driving without the help of VeggieTales and Bob the Builder. Anyway, we finally made it to our condo late Thursday afternoon, and later that night we were joined by Josh's sister and her husband. Here are just a few pics from the trip for your enjoyment:
|Little man in his new swim trunks & swim shoes, ready to hit the beach for the 1st time|
|He was fascinated with the waves|
|Whether at home or at the beach, banging tools on surfaces is always a favorite activity|
|Chillin' in the shade in his pool|
- Playing with Aunt Heather & Uncle Kyle - I wish Liam got to see these two more often, but he had a great time playing & flirting with them.
- Inflatable pool & pop-up sunshade - Our time on the sand was WAY more enjoyable than it would have been if we hadn't had these with us. Liam did fine walking on the sand, but he wasn't a huge fan of getting it on his hands, so it was nice having a less sandy spot he could play in.
- EARLY morning beignet run ... more on that, later.
- Watching our little man experience so many new things - he "talked" non-stop about the seagulls, para-sailing boats, kids around us, etc. It was fun to see how entertained he was by his surrounding.
- On the first day at the condo Liam fell over the lip of the sliding glass door and got a HUGE bruise on his precious little thigh. Made my mama-heart sad every time I saw it.
- EARLY mornings: While in Alabama Liam started our days by 4:45 pretty much every morning. This was most unpleasant, but one morning as Josh and I attempted to keep him quiet & entertained so he wouldn't wake everyone else, we left and found a little hole-in-the-wall beignet shop where we ate breakfast. When life hands you pre-dawn mornings, eat beignets. It's a sweet little family memory.
|quick family pic before dinner the last night|